Saturday, April 9, 2011

You Are In

Hello World!!!




I am back from my Thailand adventure. I am truly changed. One thing that I have noticed throughout Thailand was that the people incredibly encourage people to embrace themselves however and not to criticize others without consideration. This place is one of the few that people from Iran can actually go to for vacation. I believe that they may have issues coming back and might have to sign additional "paperwork" but that is another conversation.

So, well this leads me to start telling people more often how I truly am; because I sometimes cringe when people assume that I am a Christian and I am not. I also feel that I am not true to myself by not educating people about my lack of religion. One of the consequences of my predicament is that some people cannot fathom me not "being in the club". And then they look at me weird. After that point I am disappointed in these people for being closed- minded.

So this really is a struggle and there isn't a whole lot that I can do about because with religion, you are either "In or out" and people have the tendency immediately judge you on the spot on that. I figure that this is one of my struggles and I will carry for the rest of my life.


So I decided to voice all my frustrations here hoping to feel vented afterwards. =)


For the record, I will post my Christian creds here.

Salem Lutheran Elementary/Kindergarten, 7 Years
Sun Valley Junior/Senior High. Methodist 4 Years
7th Day Adventist and Bible Class 5 Years
At least 5 Summer Bible things.

Trust me, I went through the full program and then some and then something happened to me. I stopped buying it because nothing made sense to me. The thing is that you truly need faith in something that is invisible, makes no sense, has no logic, erratic, and people always come up with some bs reason to rationalize it for normal people. With religion, I would be totally on board if I just saw some sort of empirical evidence proving it. Plants looking symmetrical don't count. Ok, so flowers look great; understood, but does that mean that some God had to take credit for it?

I have a question for all of you on in the Internet.

My question to you, does everything happen for a reason?

or

Do people just like to think of a reason for things to happen so that they can sleep better at night?

Everything good comes from God and everything bad is from the Devil? I think that is how it works, or that is how I was taught to think.

Where was God when the Holocaust was happening? What good came out of that? I would like to hear someone come up with an upside to this.
Oh I just one, this was an example of what exactly not to do. Hmmm I told you I was well versed.

So this ends this specific episode of this new chapter of my life. This will be definitely more thoughtful and deep than my previous

No comments:

Post a Comment