Thursday, April 15, 2010

Double or Nothing?

I did it.  I satisfied my curiosity with this new product from KFC called the Double Down.  The fact that I like to gamble in Las Vegas and Blackjack is my choice of game made me even more intrigued.  I saw a video on CNN.com with one of my favorite people at CNN- Jeanne Moos Click here to see the video!  So it was dinnertime and I survived tax day in one piece and felt accomplished.  I decided I wanted to eat something new and I thought I should check out this new breadless sandwich phenomenon.  When I arrived, there weren't a whole lot of people there.  I looked around and there wasn't any advertisements for the Double Down.  Then I ordered it and was sadly disapointed.  That specific store wasn't included in the promotion for some strange reason.  So somehow it all boiled down to them not having the bacon in the middle.  Oh well.  I ordered it regardless and coincidentally enough my wife called me at the exact moment I was ordering my food.  So I got her some grilled chicken. 

I honestly thought I should do a youtube "unboxing" to show the world what it is all about, but I decided to post some pictures here and write about it instead. 

Ok so here is the box it came in. Kind of underwhelming for the uproar this thing has caused.



Here is the exterior shot of the low carb ordeal. 
These guys had the wrapper for the Double D but didn't have the bacon???




And here are the innards of this kosher (sort of) style Double Down.

I didn't like it.  It wasn't because it was greasy.  I am not too keen on breast meat in general and in my opinion it was a bit dry.  I don't know.  Perhaps it is better with bacon.  I do know that everything is better and this should not be an exception.  My wife on the other hand really liked it as is . 
So let me know if you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment