Sunday, July 10, 2011

GM EV1

So with this particular Blog, I thought I would some pictures of the rare 1996 GM EV1.  I don't know how many are in existence, but I do know that they are less than a handful out there.  I was lucky enough to see one in real life on the streets, and now I know where you can see one; in the Peterson Museum in Los Angeles.


If my memory serves correct, they were only leasing these vehicles for $600/month.  From what I understand, these cars costed over 1,000,000 to make EACH.  I recall they went over 100 miles in one charge.  As you can see, it was strictly a 2 seater and VERY aerodynamic and lightweight.  I would have loved to put a 300hp engine to see if it will do 200mph.  Another thing that was neat was the safe inductive charger.  It works similar to your battery operated toothbrush charges without metal contacts.  You can charge it in pouring rain and be 100% safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment