Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Blockbuster is the Jerkoff of the Month

I thought I would take a moment to complain about these assholes. I remember growing up with lots of choices of stores to purchase music and movies. Then came Blockbuster Music. I really liked it. They had something called a "music station" where you would bring any cd from the store to this station where you could take your time and listen to that cd. I also liked the prices because you actually got more than pocket change back from your $20 for one cd. That was one of the most annoying things when you purchased one cd for nearly $20 and only like one fucking song. Soooo, since Blockbuster Music came in, all the other music stores started shutting down.


Music Plus
The Wherehouse
Sam Goody
Tower Records (that was very sad seeing them close)

So Blockbuster Music started dominating that sector, but the next thing I know, Blockbuster Music is shutting down too! Perhaps we had too many music stores, but all I know is that they are all gone.

As for Blockbuster Video, everyone knows about their late fee gouging etc, but the story was similar, they came in, demolished the competition (or outright purchased them like Hollywood Video) and now they are shutting down???
So yes, Blockbuster, you are my Jerkoff of the Month. Congratulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment