Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Harrods

I am thoroughly impressed with Harrod's.  I can't possibly think of anything equivalent here in the US of A.  The closest analogy would be like a Saks 5th times a thousand.

Harrod's

My favorite was their food halls.  My enthusiasm was dampened when I found out 
that there were no tables for the food to go market.


I took this pic a few moments before they closed.  Impressive, indeed.


This is a menu for a casual restaurant in the hall.  I want to give you an idea of how 
much stuff is, Fish and Chips with Cod is 27 GBP which is about $34 USD for FISH AND CHIPS!!




Cool Meat Locker!



Here's the prices for the meat.  So, say you want 1 pound of US Prime Rib.  There are 454 Grams/1 Pound and its "Per 100 Grams and assuming they can get you a 454 Grams, it comes out to 80 GBP which comes out to $101 USD.  May I repeat, one Pound, 12 OZ of US Prime Rib is $100.

As you walk through the entire store, you keep on telling yourself or outloud, WTF!


Among other things, they have art!  More specifically, I saw an Andy Worhol
This one was for sale.  

Here are some Chihuly
$45k


Here is another one.

Like Dominos?  Here is a gold set.


Here's a old school fridge with the artwork by Dolce and Gabanna


That's 16GBP which is currently $20 USD for ONE coconut from all the way in Thailand.  That's 5,800 miles from London.  From LA to Thailand its 8,100 miles, and at Asian markets you can get a dozen for $10.  Go figure. 


Some cookies!



Jabugo Iberico Jamon.  The whole damn leg of a pig from Spain.



No comments:

Post a Comment