Monday, November 7, 2011

Waffles and Dinges Truck in NYC

One of my more memorable experiences was the Waffles and Dinges Truck
I saw this on TV and when I was in the city I found it!  So here is the deal.  They actually make real, authentic Belgian waffles on this truck and put all kinds of stuff on it.

When you get your waffle, it comes in a box.
Then you open the box.
This is what you can get.  This would have pulled pork on the top, cole slaw and pickle on bottom.  The pickle is actually red and was made in Koolade.  It was awesome.  I am amazed that everything goes together.  The sweet and savory go together here!  The waffle is super fresh and slightly mushy goes great with the pulled pork.  I had an idea that it was tasty from the remarks on TV, but this is the shit!
This one looks more deceptively traditional.  Look carefully and there is actually pieces of bacon built INTO the waffle.  Genius!  This one was less messy than the pulled pork one.

No comments:

Post a Comment