Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Christian Musem Exhibit

Ok so lately, I have been wondering why I despise crossover cars.  I have been wondering who these cars are supposed to be marketed for and who are actually buying these strange looking things.  So the one that I am talking about in this post is the Honda CrossTour. 

Say hello to the 2010 Honda CrossTour Accord

What a strange name for a car?  It sounds more appropriate for some religious museum exhibit rather than a franken-car.  I swear to you, the car is one of the ugliest cars out there that you can buy.  Part station wagon, part SUV.  The thing looks like an oddly proportioned station wagon.  That common trait goes with all crossover cars.  I have been thinking why exactly they look sooo ugly is because they these cars try to be everything but forgetting the style aspect.  to put it more succinct, all function and no form.  Let me break it down for you all.

This would be the ugly side of the car. 
This car is HUGE!

People that buy station wagons because they look similar to a car and don't want a huge minivan.
Those who buy a SUV don't like minivans and like being up high and offroad capabilities (even if they typically don't use them!).  When you get a crossover, it looks like a bloated station wagon, and has less cargo capacity than your garden variety SUV.  It kind of reminds me of a like a sqooshed minivan.  I guess it could be worse... see my blog about that Acura...

No comments:

Post a Comment