Sunday, June 22, 2014

2014 Lexus IS250


2014 Lexus IS250

So I took my car for service and I got this car for 24 hours so I was able to come up with a definitive conclusion and compare it to my car (2006 IS350).  Right off, I didn't like the look of the front and when I had it for a day, it didn't grow on me.  It reminded me of Darth Vader's mouth.

The front lower bumper scraped often going in and out of driveways.  More so than my car.

Here is the side view.  It looks ok with this side.


My personal opinion is that the backside looks best.

Here is the interior picture.  I wanted to point out some things.  In the lower left there is a huge knob to change the car settings and a huge button for snow.  I was actually impressed and wondered who thought that this button deserved to be this big.  I was thinking to myself that it was very unlikely anyone drives this in the snow.  Above that button was the traction control off button.  This car did not have enough power to scratch the tires so traction was never a problem in dry weather.  The controller above basically controlled how slow the car goes.  This was really dumb because it was definitely more prominent than the radio knob.

Yup they actually had a SPORT SNOW Setting.

Can you think of an occasion where you are in the Eco Snow mode with the traction control off?



Immediately to the right of that stupid knob is an EXCELLENT spot for my HTC One phone.  It was like a perfect size for my phone.  Remarkable.  Above that are the menu controls (navigation, HVAC, and all kinds of other shit).  The screen is not a touch screen.  The cabin seemed smaller than my car.

I thought that it was super neat that they had not one but two usb slots!  You could get a USB stick and fill it with mp3s and play music.  I tried it out and the armrest wouldn't close all the way.  So you would need a smaller one presumably.  That was a real buzz kill.  



This was pretty neat controls for the temperature control.  You swipe your finger up and down on the metal and the temperature goes hot or cold.  It kind of reminded me of those cheese lamps that turned on or off when you touched the metal parts.


So here is my verdict.  The car definitely handled better than my car.  That was indisputable.  As for the interior, it felt cheaper than mine.  They used cheaper plastics and had fake stitching on the dash.  I just didn't like being inside it or looking at it.  Driving it was fun but that alone at this pricepoint was not doing it for me.

1 comment:

  1. Good day.

    I'm Godswill Okpabio,I own an International Financial Lending Firm i just want to inform you all that i have started offering 2% interest rate loan to everyone,Are
    you a business man or woman? Do you need finance to start your own business? Do you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills or start a nice business? Do you need finance for your project? We Offers guaranteed loan services of any amount and to any part of the world for (Individuals,Companies, Realtor and Corporate Bodies) at our superb interest rate at 2% interest rate contact us for the loan application form thanks as we await to hear from you and our customer care representatives are always there to render our best and fast service to all our customers for more information kindly send us a reply via email you are require to contact this email .( godswillokpabioloanworld@gmail.com )

    Respectivelly Yours,

    Tean Godswill Okpabio Loans PVT LMT.

    ReplyDelete