Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Car Show (Another American Top Gear show wannabe)

I was scanning through my Google news and more specifically Top Gear news, I noted that they have a new car show in America!  It's creatively called The Car Show.  So I decided to check it out how it stacks up with the UK Top Gear.  I have to admit that I already that my expectations were pretty low.  We already had an American TG that is mediocre (and getting better??).  The fact that it was on the family friendly Speed Channel further decreased my expectations.  TG is about manly stuff... cursing and crude jokes...etc and more specifically not Politically Correct.  So I was really not looking forward to this show.  Thankfully, your's truely will take it for the team and go through the process  and force myself to watch this shit so you don't have to. 

Moving along, this show is similar to TG and part comedy talk show.  The inherent problem is that the comedy party isn't FUNNY.  Adam Corolla has this coma inducing stare at the screen and when you combine that with his nasal voice that makes you want to change the channel.  The guy really is boring and depressing.  One thing that is truely missing is the emotion.  When you watch TG UK, you clap and are amazed at the contests and laugh at the results.  Instead of the Star in Reasonably Priced Car, you get these clowns to race toy slot cars.  Wow.  That is a big dose of excitement!!!  NOT!  I seriously hate this show.  I will delete the rest of the recorded shows on my DVR and forget this shitty show.  I used to like all car shows, now that Top Gear UK has set the bar, all the other shows are wannabes or just boring.  As Cleveland Brown or Charles Barkley would say, "Just Terrreble" 

No comments:

Post a Comment